This week's meal plan..... with links and my grocery list

It's Tuesday... my menu planning grocery shopping day.  I sleep off my weekend on Monday so Tuesday is when I plan and normally shop while the teen is at bowling team (although today she's at home....). Here is this weeks meal plan with links to the recipes and my grocery list. That being said.... check the recipes for missing ingredients because I didn't include things I already had in my pantry like flour, spices, etc....

Tuesday - Spaghetti with meat sauce (no link, my own recipe).  I'm also going to double it and make a baked spaghetti to drop off at my neighbor's who just had a baby.

Wednesday - Geschnetzletes and spaetzle. We love and miss German food. I don't claim to be the best German cook in the world, but after living overseas so long we really enjoy it so I try to make it occasionally. This is the recipe I am using, she has a great homemade spaetzle recipe as well, but I'm going to buy mine this week.
http://www.daringgourmet.com/2013/03/26/german-creamy-mushroom-pork-hunters-sauce-with-spaetzle/

Thursday - Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup. I have a narrow one hour window on Tuesday's and Thursday's to feed my teen between bowling practice and band practice. The crock pot comes in handy for those nights.
 http://foxeslovelemons.com/slow-cooker-chicken-parmesan-soup-sundaysupper/

Friday - PIZZA NIGHT! This is a tradition at our house. Some weeks we make homemade pizza, some weeks it's frozen pizza and some weeks we order in. I don't know which this week will be.

Saturday - Creamed Chip Beef with Peas on Toast. Old school, my mom used to cook this, I haven't made it for the girls before so we shall see what they think.
http://www.joyouslydomestic.com/2013/12/old-school-creamed-chipped-beef.html

Sunday - Dad's night.... This is the night that Jim plans and cooks his own dinner for the family. He's a great cook, but I don't have a clue what he is planning.

Monday - Normally a leftover night, but not this week. This week I'm planning Chicken and Biscuits. It's a quick meal and I have cooked shredded chicken in my freezer to make it with.
http://www.joyouslydomestic.com/2012/11/chicken-and-biscuit-bake.html

Grocery List

Caeser Salad Kit
Mushrooms
Onions
Garlic
Bell Pepper
Penne Pasta
Spaghetti
Spaetzle
Spaghetti Sauce (again, I make my own but in case you don't buy some!)
Crushed Tomatoes
Peas
Chicken Bouillon
Chicken Stock
Cream of Chicken Soup
Butter
Cream
Frozen Mixed Veggies
Chicken Breast
Thin Pork cutlet

Of course I need milk, eggs, bread etc... but this is the basic list for the menu.  Hope it inspires you, As for me, I'm off to the store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding My Voice.... and my story

Nursing School Break...

Where we are now.... and where are we going