First Day of School... finally

So my kiddos went back to school today.  It was two weeks later then normal thanks to construction.  I have always celebrated back to school by making them some home made cookies.  I wasn't sure I would have time today because I had to work for a few hours.  However, I made it... They came out of the oven right after my middle schooler got home.  (So grateful the buses always run late the first few days)

These are my girls favorite cookies, and are somewhat healthy...

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 1-¼ cup Butter (2 1/2 Sticks)
  • 1-¼ cup Brown Sugar
  • 1-¼ cup Granulated Sugar
  • 3 whole Eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 2-½ cups White Whole Wheat Flour  (If you don't know what this is... it's half white, half whole wheat.  You combine them yourself.  It add some nutritional value).
  • 1-¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1-¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1-¼ teaspoon Salt
  • 2-½ cups Quick Oats
  • 2-½ cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter and sugars together. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Stir in dry ingredients and mix well, then stir in chocolate chips. Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto greased (or lined) baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minute

Now.. If you are like me you may not have thought to lay that butter out to soften.  Don't fret my friends...  Pop your sticks of butter on a plate (in the paper) and nuke them for 15 sec.  That should soften them enough to allow you to cream (mix) the butter and sugar together. 

Enjoy!  Posting tomorrow... Sloppy Joes for a crowd.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding My Voice.... and my story

Nursing School Break...

Where we are now.... and where are we going