Laundry

How many of you put things off because you just don't feel like doing them?  I am sitting here in my living room, drinking coffee and playing on the internet.
As I look up from my screen I see our Christmas tree, beautifully decorated with homemade ornaments standing in the corner of the room. 
Then I look to the other side, and see what I normally see....

Laundry... the never ending pile of unfolded, or waiting to be put away clothes.  I wish there was a way to stay ahead of the laundry, but with three kids and a husband who changes clothes multiple times a day I just haven't found that magic system yet.
I try to do a load a day, and put it away... but there is always something more to do.  I would much rather read a book with my girls, or work on a craft project than do the laundry.  I have tried having the kids put away their laundry, but that only works with my middle daughter.  The oldest just shoves it in her closet (usually in the basket) and then complains she has nothing to wear because she can't find things.  The littlest says she can't do it on her own and if she does it is just shoved in a drawer followed by the complaint of nothing to wear.

Today I'm tempted to just throw out some of the clothes.  Perhaps if there were not so many I could stay on top of things...  Then I wonder if that would really solve the problem or if the laundry would just multiply on its own.  I imagine somewhere there must be a laundry fairy, who flies around from house to house stealing the socks and making sure the laundry stays behind.  Does this fairy visit your house too?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding My Voice.... and my story

Nursing School Break...

Where we are now.... and where are we going