New Year's Eve.... a look back

2010 has been an interesting year for all of us.
I started the year off looking for a job, and ended it one semester into nursing school.  I found out I was iron anemic and spent a day in the hospital getting a blood transfusion, now I go in for iron every two months.  Karah started school in August, and she loves Kindergarten.  Tessa is as tall as me, and thinks she's grown some days. She has been a great helper this year and seems to have come into her own.  Sammie and Karah both started in LEAP this year, so two more gifted kids.
It's nice being near family this year, although we still don't have enough time to see them as much as we want.
We got to have Noel this summer for a few weeks, and Misty and the boys came up for a visit.  Then we took Noel and our girls and went to Myrtle Beach to visit George and his clan.
Nursing School is hard and I count the days till vacation when it's in session but it is so worth it!  I can't wait to finish.
Let's see what else...
Sammie was diagnosed with Scoliosis this year.  She has two curves in her spine but they are less than 12% so the regular doctor didn't want to do anything.  I am having her seen by a chiropractor though in hopes that we can avoid a brace or surgery as she grows up.
Jim is moving into a different position in the unit. Retention and EO guy... so more paperwork and less teaching.

Biggest event of the year... I found my biological father a week before Christmas on the internet.  I hadn't really planned to look but I am so glad I did.  Charlie (Pops) seems like a great person and really interested in our lives.  It will be an adjustment for all of us to have someone who cares from my side, but nice.  I'm hoping to meet him over spring break and then the girls can meet him in the summer.

So overall a good year yet again... Lots of blessings to outweigh the bad or sad.  Thank you God for blessing us and continuing to watch over us..

Happy New Year alll...........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding My Voice.... and my story

Nursing School Break...

Where we are now.... and where are we going