Apple Protein Pancakes

Good Morning... We love Pancakes at this house.  I was flipping through cook books this morning and saw a recipe that intrigued me in Hungry Girl, but wasn't quite right for me.  I adapted it to want I wanted and  had on hand.  This recipe received 3 stars in my house (my oldest isn't a pancake fan at all so no surprise that she wasn't thrilled).  

Apple Protein Pancakes
  • 1 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/3 cup pancake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup cottage cheese
  • 1 1/4 tsp Vanilla
  • 3 tbsp Sugar
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 2 medium apples chopped finely
 Combine all the ingredients but the apples in the bowl
Add the apples and stir well.  You can add cinnamon as well if you like it
Preheat an electric skillet or a small cast iron or skillet and spray with butter
Make small pancakes on the griddle when it's hot by spreading the batter around, not too big or they will be hard to turn
Flip when set (about 3 minutes) and cook for another 2 minutes or so
Serve up and Enjoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding My Voice.... and my story

Nursing School Break...

Where we are now.... and where are we going