Ozark Apple Pudding


also known as Apple Cake...  I made this cake for Jim's birthday and mailed it to him in Saudi.  I know that it shipped well to Iraq.  This is an old family recipe from Jim's side and he loves it.  It's a great snack cake, and tastes good warm with ice cream for dessert or cold with a cup of coffee for breakfast.  It is NOT healthy as written... I'm going to try some alterations next time I bake it to see if I can make it a little more heart healthy.

For now... Happy Birthday to my honey (it's tomorrow) and here is the recipe for you to enjoy
Ozark Apple Pudding
  • 2 cups Sugar
  • 1-¼ cup Oil
  • 2 whole Eggs
  • 3 cups Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 3 cups Diced Apple
  • ½ cups Chopped Nuts
 Mix together sugar, oil and eggs.
In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients, then add to the sugar mixture. Stir in apples and nuts.
Spread in a greased and floured 13 x 9 pan. Bake at 350ºF for 45 minutes.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding My Voice.... and my story

Nursing School Break...

Where we are now.... and where are we going